Residence permit in Turkey
Residence permit in Turkey
Foreigners, who are planning a long term stay by buying a property in Turkey, need a residence permit in Turkey.At your first arrival in Turkey you will get automatically a visa for 90 days. Without a residence permit you can stay in Turkey 90 days in a period of 180 days.
You can apply for a residence permit for 2 years if you have your own property in Turkey or a valid rental contract which is notarized (status 25.08.2016).
The residence permit must be applied online, but at the first application you have to bring the requested ducuments personally to the foreigner department. But at the application for extension you can sent the documents by post.
At this time the applications has to be done at the foreigner department in Antalya. Because of that many Europeans are living in Alanya they will open a branch in Alanya soon and you dont have to go to Antalya anymore.
Generally the following documents are required:
- Original passport with entry stamp. The passport must be valid for the time of the requested permission.
- Turkish tax number (to apply to the local tax office by presentation of your passport, father and mother's name, address and telephone number)
- 4 passport photos
- Confirmation of the sum of $ 6,000 (1 year) or 12.000 $ (2 years) in an account at a local Turkish Bank (500 dollars for each month of the requested stay. Do you already have a pension; you may also submit the confirmation of your pension. This document must be translated and notarized. In this case the confirmation of the sum of 6,000 dollars is not needed.
- Health insurance: For the residence permit you need a Turkish health insurance. The insurance premium depends on your age and the foreign police department are only aczepting special kind of insurances. Please ask us for more information. If you have a govermental insurance in a country which has an agreement with Turkey, you can also show this one. But for this one you need a special dokument which has to be registrated at the Turkish social insurance department. Person under 18 years and over 65 years don't need health insurance.
- Tapu title deed confirmation from the tapu office that the tapu is still on your name. If you dont have your own proprety you must show the rental contract which is confirmed by the notary, the tapu copy of the property you rent and the passport copy of the tapu owner.
- The costs for the residence permit are variing of your citizenship. The foreign police department will inform about the costs which has to be paid at the Turkish tax office.
For helping you to apply the residence permit we take service charge of 350 TL.
Please notice that the needed documents can change if the foreign police department request.
For further questions please contact us via our contact form or call us in our office in Alanya.
We can help you to apply for the residence permission. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.